Pediatric Critical Care learning Sessions
Pediatric Critical Care Learning Sessions
SWEET AND SOUR: Managing severe diabetic ketoacidosis”
Friday, January 19 | 1pm
- Assessment of cerebral edema in pediatric DKA (clinical exam, VS imaging) and management strategies.
- Review electrolyte changes and fluid management through the course of DKA treatment.
- Discuss ventilatory strategies in extreme DKA cases including consideration of the peri-intubation period.
About the PCCL Sessions:
- When – 3rd Friday of every month 1:00 to 2:00 pm via Zoom
- What – A de-identified case presented by providers from a range of communities across BC
- How – The PICU team at BCCH will facilitate the interactive discussion
DOWNLOAD THE JANUARY FLYER HERE