Rural Urgent Doctors in-aid (RUDi)
The RUDi pathway provides peer-to-peer support for care providers facing emergency cases across BC. RUDi is staffed by physicians with emergency medicine and rural experience. Don’t know who to call? Start with RUDi. The pathway is available 24/7 by Zoom and phone. RUDi physicians offer:
• Collaborative support in critical times
• Help with arranging transport to higher level of care
• Help to direct your call to the best real-time support pathway
• Help to navigate the healthcare system
• A second opinion on cases
• Mentorship, education, and community
RUDi is available through Zoom contact: email@example.com or by phone at 236-305-9302.
This is a great service that I would highly recommend for physicians working in rural settings. You don’t have to make decisions alone at 03:00 in the morning, when it is just you and your nurse taking care of a critically sick individual. Kudos!
– Family Physician, Interior Health