Hypoxia. Intubation. Cricothyroidotomy. Failed intubation. Difficult airway. Awake intubation.
67 year old with angioedema, other than airway/tongue swelling is stable and cooperative. Difficult airway is anticipated and option for awake intubation is considered.
Goals and Objectives
- Approach to a difficult airway and expose learners to options for managing such an airway.
Objectives (Medical and CRM):
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of an awake intubation and how to perform an awake intubation.
- Use closed-loop communication and frequent summaries in order to maintain effective communication and a shared mental model.
- F1 Initiating and assisting in resuscitation of critically ill patients.
- C3 Provide airway management and ventilation.
- TD 3: Facilitating communication of information between a patient in the emergency department, caregivers, and members of the health care team to organize care and disposition of the patient.
Add public comment…